Awareness Poster Sketches

 I really wanted to keep my theme not only simple but also make it so that no matter which sketch I ended up choosing, I would still be commenting on the overarching theme, which is caring for the environment. And as we know, caring for the environment can take on many shapes.I haven't really thought of how the text will be included in the posters, mainly because I find it much easier to think of the visuals and make sure they're strong before adding the text. Whatever text I do decide to add later, it is safe to say that it will be complementary to the imagery and not the other way around. 

The first way that I wanted to tackle this was through awareness about the consequences of fossil fuels. The top-left sketch shows a car encircled in the recycle triangle. The top-right sketch depicts towers that are emitting harmful emissions to refine crude oil with a dinosaur fossil as its shadow. The bottom-left sketch shows a gas pump with the handle dripping oil on the ground in the shape of a skull. And the final sketch on the bottom-right is a car with its emissions forming a skull. 


The second idea that I wanted to make a poster of is biofuel. The top-left sketch depicts a tree with it casting a shadow of a gas pump handle. The top-right sketch is a gas pump on a plot of soil with roots spreading underneath and the words "Consider Biofuel" (not matter to those words). The bottom-left sketch show a carrot body on wheels with the same caption as the top-right sketch. The bottom-right sketch similar to one of my fossil fuel sketches, but instead of the emissions forming a skull they are forming the shape of a carrot. 


The third topic that I would like to make an awareness poster for is electricity as an alternative to fossil fuels. The top-left sketch shows the Earth connected to an outlet. The top-right sketch is a oil rig drilling for some electricity. The bottom-left sketch is a light bulb with the Earth in the center. The final sketch on the bottom-right is an Earth with the universal symbol for electricity in the center. 


As I mentioned, I haven't fully worked out where the text will be placed, and the text that I did include in my sketches is not final. But I did leave a lot of negative space in most of my sketches to make it easier to add relevant text later on.

Comments